Surgery Date and Time
Surgery time and date can sometimes change, often because of situations beyond our control. Your surgery time and arrival time will be confirmed by our office 1 day prior to surgery (or on Friday if your surgery is on Monday).
Avoid taking Asprin or any Ibuprofen products (Motrin, Advil, Aleve) for 10 days prior to surgery. If you need to take something for pain you may take Tylenol only. Other medications you are taking can affect surgery, please consult with your primary care physician or prescribing provider for specific instructions as soon as possible. Cancellation fees will apply if you do not follow these instructions.
Food and Drink Instructions
Do not eat or drink anything after midnight on the day prior to your operation. This includes gum, candy, mints, ice and coffee. Cancellation fees will apply if you do not follow these instructions.
All patients who receive anesthesia during in-office surgical procedures must:
- Have a responsible adult driver transport the patient home.
- Have a responsible adult companion accompany the patient following the procedure, from the surgical facility to the patient's home. Companion cannot be commercial transportation/taxi driver.
- The administration of anesthesia necessarily involves some practices and procedures that might be viewed as "resuscitation" in other settings.
- During in-office surgery or procedures under sedation at AUUA, consciousness is reduced but the patient responds to verbal commands. The patient can breathe on his/her own and heart function is maintained without help.
- It is the practice of AUUA, during in-office surgery and procedures where sedation is used, to temporarily suspend Do-Not-Resuscitate orders and/or Advanced Directives until the patient has recovered from the acute effects of anesthesia and surgery. It is our policy to resuscitate and call 911 should any adverse event occur.
- Please contact our office prior to your scheduled surgery or procedure if you have any concerns or questions about this policy.
Phone: 623-547-2600. Fax: 623- 547-1899